It should be illegal for Democrats to own guns.
Side Score: 5
Wait..., what? No!!!
Side Score: 9
Only 16% to 18% of Liberals think guns should be banned for everyone except law enforcement. 
Below are some other stats on political differences of opinion about guns.
Note: In the stats from source #3, Republicans include Republican-leaning Independents, and Democrats includes Democrat-leaning Independents.
• 0% of consistently Conservatives, 6% of mostly Conservatives, 16% of consistently Liberals, 18% of mostly Liberals, and 13% of Moderates think guns should be banned for everyone except law enforcement. 
• 24% of Republicans and 75% of Democrats think gun laws should be more strict 
• 46% of Republicans and 17% of Democrats think gun laws are about right 
• 30% of Republicans and 8% of Democrats think gun laws should be less strict 
• 56% of Republicans and 84% of Democrats want a federal database of gun sales 
• 79% of Republicans and 88% of Democrats want background checks for gun shows 
• 89% of Republicans and 89% of Democrats want laws to prevent the mentally ill from buying guns 
• 54% of Republicans and 80% of Democrats want to ban assault style weapons 
• 47% of Republicans and 79% of Democrats want to ban high-capacity magazines 
• 77% of Republicans and 90% of Democrats believe there should be background checks for private gun sales and gun shows 
• 82% of Republicans and 85% of Democrats believe people on federal watch lists should not be allowed to buy a gun 
• 72 of Republicans and 26% of Democrats want to allowed concealed carry in more places [3
• 69% of Republicans and 26% of Democrats want to allow teachers to carry guns in K-12 schools 
• 51% of Republicans and 25% of Democrats want shorter waiting periods for buying guns 
• 30% of Republicans and 10% of Democrats want to allow concealed carry without a permit 
• 32% of Republicans and 65% of Democrats see gun violence as a very big problem 
• 42% of Republicans and 28% of Democrats see gun violence as a moderate problem 
• 23% of Republicans and 7% of Democrats see gun violence as not a problem 
• Out of the top 25 states with the most gun-related deaths per capita, 21 of them voted Republican, and 4 voted Democrat in the 2016 election.  
• 24% of Republicans and 11% of Democrats who own guns are NRA members 
• During the 2016 election, the NRA spent $265.00 supporting Democratic candidates, $37,010,516 against Democratic candidates, $17,385,437 for Republican candidates, and $2,281 against Republican candidates. 
Side: Wait..., what? No!!!
32% of Republicans and 65% of Democrats see gun violence as a very big problem
No, drunk driving is a bigger problem. Let's apply some of those gun rules to alcohol and see how that pans out.
• a federal database of alcohol sales
• laws to prevent the mentally ill from buying alcohol (they are crazy enough as it is ;)
• ban high alcohol content drinks (men will have to rely more on roofies to get laid ;)
• people on federal watch lists should not be allowed to buy alcohol (don't do the crime if you can't stay dry ;)
• allow teachers to carry alcohol in K-12 schools (they need a way to unwind ;)
• alcohol should be banned for everyone except law enforcement (maybe they'll shoot fewer minorities or miss more when they do shoot ;)
Side: Wait..., what? No!!!
The founding fathers gave me the right to own a single shot musket and a single shot pistol. They also gave us ALL (collectively) the right to work toward "a more perfect union" (i.e. make changes to the Constitution and its amendments leading TO a more perfect union. The Constitution was written on parchment, not carved in stone, and it made clear that MAJORITY RULES. Over 90% of the country WANTS stiffer gun laws.
Back in the 30's, when I was born, WE outlawed the "assault weapon" of the time ... the Thompson Sub Machine Gun. It did NOT lead to "taking our guns away"! We did it again in the 90's. Did YOU lose your guns?? I didn't. We can do it again, and wont lose our guns, except the illegal ones if your caught with one ... after all, Illegal is illegal. We'll likely still lose some kids, but not as fast OR as many! You, (we), have a right to bear arms. No argument. WE, in this country have a LOT of rights. The right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The dead schoolchildren have the "right" to remain silent! Some of us who think OUR rights supersede THEIRS would be better off considering THAT right, and using it!